Peter has extensive experience in handling a wide range of arbitral matters under the rules of major international arbitration institutions such as the International Chamber of Commerce (ICC), the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) , United Nations Commission on International Trade Law (UNCITRAL) and Kuala Lumpur Regional Centre For Arbitration (KLRCA).
Peter has represented clients in the semiconductor, computing, construction, aviation and telecommunication industries; and has been involved in all aspects of international and domestic arbitration. Our ciients receive assistance, representation, and advice at all phases of the arbitral process; including advice on drafting of arbitration clauses, pre-arbitration negotiations, selection and appointment of arbitrators and qualified technical experts, preparation of evidence, matters relating to forensic evidence and electronic discovery, representation in arbitral proceedings, enforcement of arbitral awards in Asia and challenges or appeals of such awards. Peter has also represented ciients before the High Court of Singapore to prosecute applications for interim measures in support of arbitration.
Peter's track record of arbitral matters is regionally recognised in Asia, more notably:
- Acting as the appointed arbitrator before the Singapore International Arbitration Centre (SIAC) in an arbitration against an American corporation involving an international supply agreement.
- Representing a Singapore company in an arbitration before the International Chamber of Commerce, Hong Kong (ICC), Court of Arbitration, involving a US$40 million dispute over a turnkey contract for the construction of wafer fabrication of integrated circuits commissioned by the Russian government.
- Drafting of construction agreements for a Malaysian multinational corporation and advising on the use of arbitral clauses in said contracts.
- Representing American and Singaporean interests before the SIAC in a contractual dispute involving information technology transfer arrangements provided by an internet web domain portal.
- Representing a Malaysian-listed Company in respect of a multi-million investment dispute against a major European bank.
- Advising an Indonesian listed telecommunications company with regard to potential claims and preparation far arbitration in Singapare under the SIAC against a Korean multinational equipment supplier for breaches of contract regarding the installation of mobile telephone network across Java and Sumatra.